Theory Construction – Superintendent
Your Role on the Team
- Supervise and direct field crew, job scheduling, and onsite coordination of labor and materials
- Serve as the quality control manager and ensure that all work meets or exceeds minimum Theory Construction standards.
- Monitor and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and completion requirements on a regular basis
- Enforce company policies, administer the company safety program and provide all required reporting
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with vendors, clients, subcontractors, and employees
- Thoroughly understand the contract documents and ensure that the subcontractors are in compliance
What You Get to Do:
- Make decisions on behalf of the company regarding time and money.
- Develop site utilization plan.
- Develop site-specific Safety/Evacuation Plan.
- Price and procure all temporary facilities (job trailer, storage trailer, portable toilets, etc.).
- Coordinate all temporary utility services (power, phone, water).
- Assist and/or supervise the layout of the building(s).
- Set-up building material supplier accounts as necessary.
- Obtain all required permits.
- Ensure all subcontractors on your project have proper permits, licenses, and safety equipment.
- Review/Implement shop drawings, samples, and mock-ups.
- Schedule all subcontractors to maximize productivity. Review and update in conjunction with the assigned Project Manager.
- Establish, distribute and manage the 3 week look ahead schedule.
- Ensure that the project is clean, orderly and presentable on a daily basis.
- Manage the employees that are self-performed work.
- Assist the project manager in obtaining pricing for owner requested change orders.
- Participate in Construction Management presentations.
- Inspect and maintain the SWPPP plan as outlined on the contract documents.
- Responsible for opening job site in the mornings and securing the facility at the end of each day.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as an assistant superintendent or equivalent supervisory role
- Ground up construction with knowledge of all trades.
- Ability to read contract documents (Plans, Specifications, etc.)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization, as well as clients, outside partners and resources
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- Capability to manage multiple projects and priorities in an efficient, accurate manner
- Integrity/Trust, Work Standards
- Concern for Detail
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Facilitation/Meeting leadership
- Professional/Technical Knowledge
Additional Requirements including but limited to:
85 % Travel
5 % Office
5 % Heavy Lifting
5 % Heavy Equipment Operation
Your benefits package consists of:
- Medical, Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Retirement Account with Employer Match
- Team Social Events
- Competitive Salary
- Cell Phone and Truck Allowance
**Regional travel, including some weekday overnight stays may be required **
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Operations