Project Coordinator/Land Development
Title: Project Coordinator/Land Development
Division: Vector Civil Engineering LLC
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Vector Civil Engineering LLC at Concept Companies is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Gainesville office, adding to our due diligence investigation team for land development projects. In this position, you will collaborate with members of our other divisions on a variety of development projects. We have a broad range of interesting project types for public, private, and institutional clients including retail, early education, life sciences, office, and industrial uses. We work throughout Florida and in selected locations across the southern and eastern United States. In this role, you will initially support many of our projects in the planning stages.
- Aid in completion of preliminary due diligence for land development including, but not limited to, land use and zoning, access management, physical site evaluation, available utilities, and building requirements
- Research elements of Comprehensive Plan and other Land Development Regulations to assist in the preparation of conceptual site layouts
- Communicate with state and local municipalities as required to determine the status of site access, utility connections, and other existing infrastructure availability that may need to be provided or extended with the proposed development
- Obtain various development fees including permitting, traffic concurrency, impact fees, utility connection fees, building permit fees, and other potential extraordinary costs associated with the development
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with appropriate governing agencies to obtain information required to complete the due diligence report
- Assist project managers in obtaining consultant proposals and tracking deliverables for engineering design projects
- Coordinate with sub-consultants for deliverables on engineering design projects.
- Prepare and administer permit application packages throughout the entitlements process for engineering design projects
- Work with all development teams including real estate, title, architectural, and construction to identify essential elements for successful project completion.
- Assist department manager with general administrative duties, including but not limited to, software subscriptions, client proposals, monthly billing, and project tracking.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- PC proficiency to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of CAD/Bluebeam/GIS mapping tools is a plus
- Results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of code research and project management
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and execute those tasks
- Highly self-organized with the ability to create/present/maintain organizational structures
- Ability to maintain a focus on both the big picture and the details
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional relationships with other departments while ensuring accountability for deadlines and commitment
- Must be able to maintain a positive and productive work attitude and a team-oriented mindset with the ability to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors, governmental agencies, and clients
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above.
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- 401k with Employer Match
- Competitive Salary
- A chance to work with an awesome team that wants to help each other succeed!
**Some regional travel may be involved periodically.