Division: Theory Construction
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Theory Construction, a division of Concept Companies, is looking for a full-time Estimator to work within the Preconstruction Department. The commercial building construction Estimator and civil/site work Estimator will report to the Director of Preconstruction. This is a non-remote position. Estimator to work with Preconstruction team and subcontractor community to develop project budgets. Do a self-perform analysis for site and earthwork as needed to support Concept Companies’ site development division, Pinnacle Site Solutions.
- Works with the preconstruction team to produce the overall project budget.
- Works with the construction team to produce schedules, general conditions, and site plans.
- Works with Pinnacle Site Solutions as needed to estimate self-perform work
- Defines the scope of the project based on bid documents
- Develops budgets based on the scope of work.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors as needed. Evaluates and reviews bids for complete scope.
- Compiles, submits and manages RFI.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Prepares proposals
- Helps maintain a historical database and subcontractor database
- Sets up projects after award for handoff to the construction team
- BA/BS in Construction or related field
- Knowledge/experience in commercial construction
- Knowledge/experience in civil and underground utilities
- Estimating experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in OST, Quickbid and Agtek Earthwork 4D strongly suggested
- Maintains good professional relationships and has strong written and verbal skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability coverage
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Competitive Salary
- A chance to work with a proficient team that wants to help each other succeed.