Estimator – Preconstruction
Title: Estimator – Preconstruction
Division: Theory Construction
For more information on our commercial construction division, Theory Construction, please visit their website.
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Theory Construction, a division of Concept Companies, is looking for a full-time Estimator to work within the Preconstruction Department. The commercial Building Construction Estimator and Civil/Sitework Estimator will report to the Director of Preconstruction. Estimator to work with Preconstruction team and subcontractor community to develop project budgets. Do self-perform analysis for site and earthwork as needed to support Concept Companies’ site work division, Pinnacle Site Solutions.
- Works within the preconstruction team to produce the overall project budget.
- Works with the construction team to produce schedules, general conditions, and site plans.
- Works with Pinnacle Site (a Concept Company) as needed to estimate self-perform work.
- Defines the scope of the project based on bid documents.
- Develops budget based on scope of work.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors as needed. Evaluates and reviews bids for complete scope.
- Compiles, submits, and manages RFI.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Prepares proposals.
- Helps maintain a historical database and subcontractor database.
- Sets up projects after award for handoff to the construction team.
- BA/BS in Construction/related field.
- Knowledge/Experience in commercial construction.
- Knowledge/Experience in civil and underground utilities.
- Estimating experience strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Proficiency in OST, Quickbid, and Agtek Earthwork 4D strongly suggested.
- Maintains good professional relationships and has strong written and verbal skills.