Concept Companies – Construction Bookkeeper
The Construction Bookkeeper will report to the Controller and is responsible for timely and accurate recording of day-to-day accounting functions, including but not limited to Client Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Vendor Reconciliation, Job Profitability Reporting, and Variance Analysis.
Your Role on the Team
- Assist Controller with accounting operations, including billing, A/P, General Ledger, Maintenance, and Cost Accounting.
- Allocate and post financial transaction details to subsidiary books and maintain financial document retention files.
- Accounts payable – purchase orders and vendor records maintenance entry of all invoices and weekly check runs.
- Support month-end and year-end close process and assist with annual budget and audit process.
- Prepare and/or review all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure.
- Maintain vendor records, set up new vendors, and manage vendor statement reconciliation and discrepancies.
- Communicate with vendors, customers, and subcontractors as required.
- Misc. office duties and additional assignments as required.
- Prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, both in and out of the office.
- Complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis.
- Listen and effectively communicate with all social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain respectful, cooperative, and productive work relationships with co-workers and other business associates.
- Associate(s) or Bachelor(s) degree in Accounting, finance or related field, and/or two or more years of bookkeeping experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience using Quickbooks Enterprise.
- Knowledge of generally accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and proof-reading skills
Your benefits package consists of:
- Medical, Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Retirement Account with Employer Match
- Competitive Salary