Commercial Real Estate Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Title: Commercial Real Estate Legal Assistant/Paralegal (“Paralegal”)
Manager: Development Counsel
Location: Gainesville, Florida/Jacksonville, Florida
Requirements for Employment:
Paralegal shall uphold and embody Concept Companies’ core values of Agility, Collaboration, Community, Candor, Growth, Relentlessness, and Own It, and shall utilize these core values as a valuable member of the Concept Companies family.
The candidate will be assisting the Company’s Development counsel, Real Estate team, and Title Company with commercial real estate acquisition and disposition activities, including but not limited to contract drafting, lease preparation and processing, title review, due diligence, and other related tasks, with the following tasks being routine:
+Preparation and review of purchase and sale contracts (both acquisition and disposition), and related documents regarding commercial real estate transactions.
+Preparation and collection of corporate documents, including authorization of the applicable parties to purchase/sell.
+Preparation of abstracts for executed contracts, including extracting and calendaring critical dates.
+Ordering and review of title insurance commitments, lien searches, and other due diligence.
+Preparation of review of general correspondence and title/survey objection letters.
+Managing or assisting in the management of real estate closings, including:
- Preparation of closing checklists and documents and obtaining closing figures/payoffs from lenders and prorating amounts for real estate property taxes, utilities, and rent.
- Collaboration with the team to facilitate closings with all involved parties in the transaction, as well as disbursements of all funds.
- Preparation of title insurance policies post-closing and file close-out.
+Administration of leases for assigned projects or client teams including but not limited to:
- Lease preparation, document management and procurement, critical date management, and scheduling of deliverables as outlined in the lease.
- Preparation of documentation related to client-specific lease requirements.
+General support to the members of the company’s Real Estate Development Division as needed.
+Assistance with Data Call, 3rd party reconciliation, book-keeping, and associated duties related to the operations of the Title Company.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree
- 5 + years of Commercial Real Estate/Finance experience
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-qualified program is preferred
- Closer’s Choice closing software experience is preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service