Civil CAD Technician
Vector Civil Engineering – Civil CAD Technician
Concept Companies is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for growth. We work in a supportive environment led by a dynamic team that encourages the entrepreneurial spirit and collaboration across all of our companies. Now is the time to jumpstart your career with a pipeline of exciting projects that present professional creativity, long-term security, and career growth potential.
Vector Civil Engineering, LLC at Concept Companies is seeking an experienced Civil Cad Technician to join our Gainesville office, adding to our Development Research and Civil Design team for real estate development.
The CAD Technician’s role is part of our Development Research and Civil Design team and reports to the Senior Project Engineer, collaborating with members of our other teams on individual projects. The team draws upon multiple disciplines to balance the needs of our clients and partners through the development process. We have a broad range of interesting project types for public, private, and institutional clients including retail, early education, life sciences, office, and industrial uses. We work throughout Florida and in selected locations across southern and eastern United States. In this role, you will initially support many of our projects in the planning stages.
This position will be responsible for creating and revising conceptual layouts and plans to support the design efforts of the Development Research and Civil Design team. This person should have the ability to create site layouts using rough sketches, specifications, and code parameters influenced by the client demands and regulatory agencies. This position may review regulatory land development code and collect information on required site design as well as assist project engineers with the preparation of engineering permitting packages.
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM
- Create conceptual site layouts influenced by clients demands, regulatory agencies, and site constraints to meet the needs of our internal and external clients
- Identify and communicate site design requirements to assist Development Research and Civil Design team members in preparation to develop a budget and move towards the entitlement process
- Research and compile publicly available data (imagery, topography, parcels, existing utilities, etc) and utilize in AutoCAD drawings
- Work with all development teams including real estate, title, architectural, and construction to identify essential elements for successful project completion
- Work with state and local municipalities and regulatory agencies as required to determine the status of site access, utility connections, and other existing infrastructure availability that may need to be provided or extended to make the project work.
YOU MAY BE A GOOD FIT
- 2+ years of AutoCAD experience, Civil 3D grading experience a plus
- PC proficiency to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office applications
- Basic understanding of site layout parameters such as buffers, setbacks, driveway width, etc.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of the civil engineering design discipline a plus
- Results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional relationships while ensuring accountability for deadlines and commitments
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and, without exception, execute on those tasks
- Must be able to maintain a positive and productive work attitude and a team-orientated mindset with the ability to maintain good relations with employees, supervisors, governmental agencies and clients
- Effective communication, cooperation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain a focus on both the big picture and the details
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds
Your Benefits Package Will Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- 401k with Employer Match
- Competitive Salary
- A chance to work with a proficient team that wants to help each other succeed!
**Some regional travel may be involved periodically
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.